Apple Fruit Powder
Like all fruits, apples contain a wide variety of constituents that give them their nourishing abilities. more and more evidence is proving the old Welsh saying to be true, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. Apples are considered to be amongst the top 10 healthiest foods and for good reason. They contain Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium, and ZInc. Apples also contain 18 amino acids as well as fiber and pectin. Its sweetness comes from the approximate 10% fructose and sucrose naturally contained in the fruit. The cooling and thirst quenching effect that we get when eating an apple is most likely due to the tannins present in the food. Our Organic Apple powder is a great way to get a burst of nourishment on the go. And if you happen to see Johnny Appleseed on your travels thank him for helping to make this amazing food a year-round staple for all of us.
Health Benefits of Apple Fruit Powder:
- May support lung health
- May support healthy digestion
- May support joint health
- Due to its pectin content is may support healthy blood sugar and lipid levels
- May support a healthy detoxification response
- May support a healthy inflammation response
- May support heart health
- May support nerve health
- Traditionally used as a tonic and astringent
Constituents of Apple include:
Minerals: Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium and Zinc
Vitamins: Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, Niacin, B5, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
Other Constituents: Alpha-Linolenic-Acid, Asparagine, D-Categin, Isoquercitrin, Hyperoside, Ferulic-Acid, Farnesene, Neoxathin, Phosphatidyl-Choline, Reynoutrin, Sinapic-Acid, Lutein, Quercitin, Rutin, Ursolic-Acid, Protocatechuic-Acid
Suggested Use of Apple Fruit Powder :
- Mix 1 tablespoon to recipes, juice or add to your favourite smoothie.
- Dusting on ice cream.
- Sprinkle on apple-flavoured muffins and cakes.
- Sweeten up plain yogurt (freeze them for yogurt pops!)
Flavour oatmeal without the texture of dried apple pieces.
- Use to rim an Apple Martini.
To increase flavour and nutritional profile combine with our strawberry powder and banana flakes in a smoothie.