Banana Fruit Powder
Our sweet banana powder is wonderfully sweet and absolutely delicious making it a cinch to add to smoothies, desserts and other recipes.
Perhaps instead of eating an apple each day for optimum health, the adage should state that a banana and apple a day keeps the doctor away. The raw banana health benefits may outweigh those of the apple because it has many more vitamins and nutrients than their round counterparts. When compared to an apple, Banana has four times more protein, twice the carbohydrate, three times the phosphorus, five times the vitamin A and iron, and twice the other vitamins and minerals. All of these factors combined make the banana a super food that is an integral part of a healthy daily regimen.
Raw organic bananas contain potassium, protein, fiber, carbohydrates, and vitamins:
A, B, B6, C and E; and minerals: calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc and folate (also known as vitamin B9 and natural folic acid). It also contains serotonin which may elevate the mood and help fight stress. Being rich in iron, the bananas may stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood, thus helping in cases of anemia. Because of its high potassium, but low salt content, it is indicated for those having problems with arterial pressure and may help the body's circulatory system deliver oxygen to the brain. This also helps maintain a regular heartbeat and a proper balance of water in the body.
Raw bananas are true quality sources of energy due to their high glycogen levels.
Bananas are ideal for eating during that midday when you feel tired and sluggish. If you want a quick fix for flagging energy levels there is no better snack than an organic Banana. Banana's three natural sugars Sucrose, Fructose and Glucose which when combined with its fiber gives an instant, sustained and substantial boost of energy. Research has proven that just two Bananas provide enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout. But energy supply is not the only way a Banana can help you get fit. It may also help overcome or prevent a substantial number of other illnesses and conditions.
Bananas may lift your spirits because they contain a chemical called tryptophan - the same chemical found in turkey.
This mood regulating substance contains a level of protein that helps the mind relax so you feel happier. People suffering from depression often report feeling better after eating a banana. Bananas naturally contain vitamin B6 which helps to regulate blood glucose level and improve overall mood.
Our Banana Powder also works great as a rejuvenating face mask. Just mix it into a little bit of plain yogurt and your skin will thank you.
Health benefits of Banana Powder:
- May Ease Depression because bananas increase your serotonin levels.
- Fighting Anemia by stimulating the production of hemoglobin.
- May regulate Blood Pressure because of high potassium and low salt levels.
- Reducing constipation because of high amounts of fiber.
- Assisting learning & alertness by bringing more oxygen to the brain
- Curing hangovers when made into a shake with milk & honey
- Soothing heartburn
- May Reduce the risk of strokes
- Helping avoid morning sickness
- Calming Nerves
- Easing Peptic Ulcers by neutralizes acidity & reduces irritation by coating the lining of the stomach
- Cooling fruit that can lower both the physical & emotional temperature of expectant mothers
- Helping ease the effects of nicotine withdrawal
- Reducing stress due to its high mineral content
Constituents of Banana include:
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Choline, Vitamin A (IU), Lutein & Zeaxanthin, Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol), Vitamin K (phylloquinone)
- Minerals: Potassium, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium
- Amino Acids: threonine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, cystine, phenylalanine, tyrosine, valine, arginine, histidine, alanine, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, glycine, proline, serine
- Mix 1 - 2 teaspoons with juice, yogurt or add to your favourite smoothie.
- Use to add flavour and nutrition to any recipe.
- Ideal for dry fruit preparations, powdered drinks, cake mixes, desserts, etc.
- Reconstituted Powder with water at a 1:3 ratio and use as you would fresh mashed bananas.